Thursday, February 16, 2012

11:10 PM - No comments

The Maggi Model of Quality Time

Okay, this blog post is not inspired by the "Main aur meri Maggi" campaign! It actually came as an epiphany due to a long span of deprivation.

When I was single, I used to have a lot of time by myself. Belonging to a family wherein everybody had a job, and we had a very disciplined lifestyle. Nonetheless, there used to be days and afternoons, atleast twice a month, when I used to get some quality ME time!

Almost every alternate ME day, I used to get myself a pack of Maggi and have it while watching the episodes of some show, or some movie. It was my way of relaxing my mind, and just spending some quality time with myself. However, the relationship between the quality time and the Maggi hadn't occurred to me till a few days back.

It has been over 6 months since my marriage. I only just had an alone afternoon last weekend. It was my first since marriage. Since the past 4 odd months, I have been craving Maggi. Raj made it once, but it did not satiate me the way Maggi should. I always thought of having Maggi, but never got round to doing it.

The other day, when I was alone, I completed the pending chores and made a nice bowl of Maggi, put on an episode of How I Met Your Mother, and had one of the best afternoons of my married life. Aah... the solitude, the Maggi, and the combination of the two was simple bliss.

That is when I realized it. Even in solitude, we all need our accompaniments. For most Indians, that accompaniment is Maggi. It is fast to make, anyone can do it and simple as ever. More so, something about it causes a surge of endorphin release, making it the bringer of joy!

So, from now on, whenever I feel super irate, or miss my single-hood, I will make me some Maggi and lock myself in my room!2 hours of Maggi time, and I will be back to my charming self!

You should try it out too, it works!

0 comments: